All You Need to Know About the Pfizer Jab for 16-17 Year Olds
Since the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) and government announced that 16-17 year olds will be eligible to receive their first COVID vaccination, Stockport CCG has been working hard with its partners to plan how to deliver them.
Full details of the roll out can be found here.
What parents and carers need to know returning to school
Click here for government guidance for parents and carers.
This is for children at:
- registered nurseries and childminder
- primary and secondary schools
- further education colleges
Testing is now open to any member of the public with COVID-19 symptoms by visiting nhs.uk/coronavirus or calling 119 to book a test.
Doctors of the World provide Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for patients in 60 languages, which were produced in partnership with the British Red Cross: https://www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/coronavirus-information/
Covid-19 Support line for BAME communities.
A Greater Manchester wide service
What we already know
Third of Covid-19 patents are from Black and Asian Minority Ethnic population (BAME)
Why is this service necessary
Covid-19 related emotional support for BAME families is limited in Greater Manchester (GM)
Who can call
People from BAME communities who are:
- Recovering from COVID-19 or are self-isolating
- Relatives and friends of clients suffering from COVID-19
- Bereaved relatives and friends of a deceased COVID-19 person
- BAME women and young girls victims of abuse and violence
Who are we?
- A charity specialised in the provision of cross-culture emotional support
- Registered Mental health Practitioners and Psychotherapists
- Bilingual trained Peer Mentors skilled in basic cultural counselling
- Community support volunteer workers
What is available?
- Advice, guidance and signpost relating to COVID-19 matters
- Cross-culture emotional support related to pre- and post Covid-19 issues
- Tailored psychosocial therapy for women and young girls victims of violence and abuse during COVID-19:
Individual and Group therapy available.
- Online trainings available
- Advice, guidance and support provided in varied languages including Somali, Kurdish, Swahili, Urdu, Arabic, French and more
07862 279289 / 07894 126157
You can also text the word ‘HELP’ and someone will get back to you
Open seven days a week from 10am-6pm